If you have an injury that is covered by ACC, your Specialist can refer you to Orthotic Active.
In cases where orthotic treatment can be covered under ACC, you may need to meet the following criteria:
- An orthotic prescription from a registered medical specialist. GPs, sports physicians and some specialist hand therapists are also recognised.
- Obvious cause and effect. The need for orthotics must be without question caused by the accident.
- In some cases, prior approval. We are happy to apply to ACC for funding on behalf of clients.
- Additional criteria related to accident date, hospital discharge or elective surgery may affect eligibility.
In order for us to provide treatment through ACC we require an orthotic prescription from a medical specialist.
Some things to note:
- An ACC recognised GP prescription is acceptable
- The need for orthotics must be without question caused by the accident
- We are able to apply to ACC for funding for you however this may delay provision of your orthotic
There are other conditions to abide by when it comes to ACC. They relate to the date of your accident, your hospital discharge or elective surgery and may affect your eligibility. We can advise you on these rules when you visit us at the clinic.